Thursday, November 10, 2011

1554916124 by oedipax

This is my first release and it's a *FREE* download.
All tracks were created with audiotool.com.


When I started making music on Audiotool, it really began as one big experiment at a time when I found myself in a rut emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Being lucky enough to stumble upon the web site, I discovered a tool that allowed me to explore sounds I never imagined I would be creating. Even though I had been a pianist since childhood and had always written songs, I found that creative well drying up because the sonic possibilities were limited to me. Because of innovative thinkers and a talented team of technical experts who created a web site enabling people to produce music in the cloud, I was able to create an album's worth of music, which is something I had always wanted to do, but never had the means of accomplishing. Thanks to those creators and the medium by which it's now possible not only for me, but for the entire community and many more who are just discovering the site and it's amazing capabilities.

A huge thanks goes to the musicians who inspire me. While my music doesn't sound much like theirs, they nonetheless have been the impetus in keeping me motivated:

Deerhunter: a band who integrates both instruments and electronics in the coolest way. It began here. These guys got me back to feeling like myself again.

Lockett Pundt (aka Lotus Plaza): for being truly inspiring in his electronic creations and raw, vulnerable sound. If it wasn't for his music and the example he's been as an artist and creator, I probably wouldn't have even bothered trying to make any music myself. A huge THANKS.

Jonjon: You've blown me away by introducing me to an entirely new genre of music! You are talented beyond belief! Know it and own it. Thanks for your encouragement and advice, and all the cool music you've shared as well as created. May you be blessed with the best of fortune.

digigeist: Thanks for letting me collaborate with you. It's so awesome working with you as O.D. I am truly proud of the tracks we've turned out together and I hope we can make some more! It has been a learning process that I truly have enjoyed and very much appreciate.

Kepz: Thank you for "The More Than Words" remix on my single. You are enormously talented and have the potential to do whatever you want! Your music is gorgeously made and you are a very gifted visual artist too.

The Audiotool creators and community: Thanks so much for the innovative online tool you've provided and are continuing to enhance. You've made it possible to share music in such an awesomely unique way. Thanks for all the hard work and technical support. Your team is amazing.

I am ever grateful to the community (you know who you are) for your encouragement, enthusiasm, and positivity. You all are teachers. It means a lot knowing some of you have my music on your i-pods, and I have been enjoying your music on my i-pod as well. It's all great. :)

Now go download this motherfucker. It won't cost you a penny. :)

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwwwwwww thanks O!

    you are too kind :)
    You're an amazing artist and its great working with you...
    maybe we should make that ep and album! :D

    -your partner in crime. -digigeist

    ReplyDelete