Wednesday, January 25, 2012

8. Future Sounds of Jazz Vol. 5

Today's Pick:



Disc 1:
1. Life in Loisaida (Chaser)
2. Ode to a Duck (Bjørn Torske)
3. Escobar Blues (Nek-Lok)
4. Reggie's Escape (Earth Bound)
5. Blue Sonoko (Lulu Mushi)
6. The Shake Up (Ill Dependents)
7. Glow Worm (Chroma Obscura)
8. Plants, Animals, H20 (Cine City Feat. Wai Wan)
9. 1300 Milliseconds of Brass (Max Brennan)

Disc 2:
1. Taurus (Fauna Flash)
2. Nasty Funk (Mayhem (20))
3. Tempos Atraz [APE Remix] (Azymuth)
4. Freakmeister (King Kooba)
5. Casablanca (Force & Paul)
6. Solid Water (Extended Spirit)
7. Reloaded (Marschmellows)
8. Voodoo Science (Boom Bip & DJ Osiris)
9. Seismic Simmer (Nonplace Urban Field)
10. Running On The Sand (Calm)

One funky, jazzy compilation of songs that combine electronics with elements of jazz. Some tracks definitely have a retro thing going on, even though these are the "future sounds" of jazz. I remember Sandburgen mentioning this to me on my "Levitation" track, so I decided to check a volume out. I like "Escobar Blues," "The Shake Up," "Reggie's Escape," "Voodoo Science," etc. Unfortunately, this volume is not on Spotify. I know I already posted the Nek-Lok vid, but here it is again along with a few others:




No comments:

Post a Comment